Exams are like a nightmare, but every student has to face it. Some students feel the anxious night before exams which may harm their result, especially for those people who might have an interest in other activities like music, dancing, sports. Still, they don’t care about academic performance. These people are more conscious and anxious about their scores in exams.
There are some tricks which can improve your chances of scoring high in exams.
Absorbing knowledge efficiently
- Concentrate on your classes: keep your mind stable and focus on lectures. Concentrate entirely in your studies to understand the concepts that will appear on exams, and this is the best thing you can do to raise your score in exams.
- You can write down the notes as you learn. It helps in paying attention and absorbing the information.
- Don’t do other activities during the lectures.
- Use Mnemonics devices: Using mnemonic devices, or any other trick is beneficial for remembering certain things like categories, biological classification, numbers. It is one of the best ways to memorize things faster.
- You can use a mnemonic device which includes rhymes, poems, acronyms, songs, images.
- Practice mock test: Ask your teacher or search online and get a print of a few practice papers. Taking a practice test will help you to know more information and improve your attempting exam skills by knowing your weak spots before exams.
- Keep mock test session two to three times a week.
- Study frequently: It is not necessary to study all the time for scoring good in exams, a few hours can be enough. But in these few hours, you have to study hard and smartly.
- You can study old and new material every day for some hours with concentration.
- Take a break for 5-10 minutes after every 30 minutes to calm your brain from getting overstuffed.
Maintain your health night before exams
- Eat healthily: Being hungry during the exam will distract you instead of focusing on the question paper. Eating healthy before the exam will boost your brain and memorize things correctly.
- Get a lean protein source before exams. You can take a cup of milk, eggs, oats, nuts, yogurt, fruits.
- Don’t eat too soon before the exam as some food can make you tired or feeling lazy. Don’t do overeating.
- Stay hydrated: It is essential to be hydrated during the exam because dehydration reduces the ability to think clearly.
- Drink lots of water before your exam starts and bring a water bottle with you.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep well the night before the exam. Sleep deprivation may cause you to feel stress and weakened concentration and decision skills. Hence you won’t be able to focus when the pressure on, which results in poor test performance.
- Pack all the necessary items night before exams: Not having essential items at a time you need, will make your time harder. So, pack your bag with all the essential supplies like pens, pencil, eraser, or any other geometry tools.
Acing an exam
- Do the problems you know first: Try to attempt problems which you know the answer first, this will surely help you get as much of an exam done as possible.
- If you get stuck, then move on to the next question, then you can answer quickly without wasting time.
- Cover all the important points, but don’t involve unnecessary things.
- Never leave questions blank: You leave the question if you don’t know the answer, but it is not a good idea. There is no penalty to write a wrong answer. So, it would be best if you attempt that whether its answer is correct or not, at least don’t leave the question blank, you may get some points for some words.
- Don’t leave a multiple-choice question blank. If you are guessing, then you will have at least 20% chances of getting the right answer.
- Manage time: Exam paper contains many questions that you have to solve in less time. It is essential to manage time. Attempt every question according to time.
- Assign a time to each question and try to complete the answer within that time.
- Use your time wisely; you can always go back to check and improve your answer later.
- Attempt question wisely: Represent your answer in such a way, that the person who corrects your paper must be able to judge your knowledge.
- Firstly, you must read the question carefully and plan the structure of your answer.
- Brief your answer in points. Mention all the important points in it.
- Avoid grammatical mistakes and write in paragraphs while writing long answers.
- You can easily describe your answer by making a diagram or a flow chart.
- Look for clues in other questions: Sometimes question contains answer within or hinted at in another question in an exam paper. Look at other problem and answer to help you remember information.
- Make your answer sheet attractive: You can make your answer sheet attractive by good handwriting, using colorful pens for subheadings, space out each word, creating diagrams nicely, this will have a great impact on the checker.
to know more about how to enjoy studying science, click here…